Thursday, January 10, 2013

4x6 Change-up

I love photographs. I love to take them and display them. One day my niece made a comment that my house was "...starting to look like granma's with all the pictures everywhere". So, in an attempt to get off that track I have been searching for other ways to display my photos. I have come across several good ideas and have even built a board on pinterest entitled "Ideas for Wall Art". I want to find a way to display some of my favorite pics AND be able to change them up periodically. Here is my twist on one way to do this....

I found these frames at the local thrift store; 3 for $6
I took the frames apart and painted each one with the left over ASCP in Duck Egg.
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg

After the paint dried I rubbed on a layer of Minwax Paste Finishing Wax. I then cut out 3 pieces of cork from cork tiles that where the same size as the previous glass (that I removed from the frame) and installed them.


 Then I found 3 - 4x6 photographs (that were hanging on the fridge), and placed double side tape on each and hung them onto the cork board. I had planned on using thumb tacts but didn't have any cute ones on hand and used double-sided tape instead. I think I like this way of attaching the photos to the cork better. I might change my mind later but for now the double-sided tape works. 


  So....whatcha think???
 

No comments:

Post a Comment