Sunday, January 6, 2013

Garden Porch Table

After finishing the plant stand, (see here), I had some ASCP left over and decided to save one of my porch tables from donation to the local thift store. I bought this table years ago from Ikea as a side table in a rental apartment. It was never very appealing but did the job in the rental. Because I never really had a use for it in my new home it found a place on the front porch. 




So...with the leftover ASCP (Duck Egg) I went to work.




 To tone down the brightness I did a little sanding....


.... and then hand rubbed Minwax Wood Finish (Gunstock) stain (wiped on wiped off) and finished off with Minwax Finishing Wax


 


So...for an afterthought project, not bad. I must say I am not thrilled with the orangish streaks from the Gunstock colored stain but in the end I think the thrift store will not be getting this table after all....at least not this year. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous blue color. I don't notice the orange so much, and perhaps it will grow on you over time. Looks fantastic on your porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, and thanks for visiting. Funny you should mention the orange, as I was thinking of redoing it yet again. Maybe I'll reconsider smile

      Delete
    2. Thank You, and thanks for visiting. Funny you should mention the orange, as I was thinking of redoing it yet again. Maybe I'll reconsider smile

      Delete