Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pretty Plant Stand

Yesterday I came across The Red Dresser, a wonderful little shop owned by Kris Foran. Besides the beautiful hand painted pieces she also offers classes in and sells Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I decided to buy a small tin of Duck Egg ASCP and give it a try on a thrift store plant stand I had bought a while back ($5). 

Honestly I had already worked the heck out of the piece with primer, paint, sanding, stain, more sanding, primer again, etc, etc, and was about to throw it out (ahhhhh) and have no "before" picture (note to self..always take pictures immediately after bringing home a thrift store find), but here is the after.



 

4 comments:

  1. Your plant stand looks fabulous! So glad you didn't give up on it! I am a big fan of Duck Egg Blue! Don't you just love ASCP?
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I am very glad I didn't take it back to the thrift store and yes...Duck Egg Blue is my favorite so far and ASCP is the easiest to work with. Makes even a novice like me look good. Thanks for visiting. Happy Weekend! --Debbie

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a great color on that little table! You did a fantastic job of just enough distressing IMHO. I love it! Saw your post over at "Miss Mustard Seed's " blog party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Kitty. It was my first attempt at distressing so your feedback is much appreciated. --Debbie

      Delete