Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blue Pillar Candleholder



If you live on the east coast you know that much of the area was hit by an end of winter snow storm yesterday. I think it was winter's way of saying "goodbye". And with the end of winter comes spring and one of my favorite holidays...Easter. With spring also come the new PB catalogue and all their new stuff. In my last inspiration post I was reminded of my love of the color blue and in the fact that I don’t have any blue in my home décor. So when I saw this I wanted at least one and was inspired.


At my last run through the local thrift store I found this...

  ...and I immediately got to work.  




First, I mixed up a blue and white paint to make just the right light blue color. So that the paint would adhere I sprayed the candleholder with Zinsser Cover Stain Oil Based Primer. I then applied the paint with a brush and q-tips (to get the paint inside the holes). After the paint dried I very lightly sprayed the candleholder with Krylon's Looking Glass spray paint making sure not to cover the entire surface and leave lots of blue showing. 




I know it's not mercury glass but I like the way it turned out and I like the fact that, at least during the spring, I will have one item of blue in my home. 



**********************************************************
3/10/13 Update: I found the little sister!!
 
Story Here

 Don't they look good together?

Thanks for visiting! again

4 comments:

  1. They looks great! Love the color!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your blog.... cant seem to stop going over the posts... Love and prayers...Following you now..(nicksnacksbyme.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. What a nice comment...one of the reasons I love blogging; the very nice people you meet along the way. Thanks for following too.

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful! I love the color. Thanks for sharing the details...I was unaware of that primer. I have something I could use it for so will be out & about tomorrow & find it.

    Great job!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete