Friday, March 29, 2013

Coastal Candle Decor



Good morning and Happy Friday! 


Tomorrow I am traveling to the West Coast for a visit with my son. He lives fairly close to the ocean and I try to go there at least once while I’m visiting. I am excited to see him and to feel a bit of warm weather (cold spring here on the East Coast). With that in mind what better time to share one of my home decors made almost entirely from items purchased from the Dollar Store. The total cost was $7 (plus tax of course). Enjoy my Coastal Candle Decor!

 

I played around a lot knotting the twine until I came up with this pattern. 
With the help of glue stick dots, especially inside the knots, it worked out well.



Next I dug out the shells I collected from our summer vacation and the bag of sand left over from the Jar Keepsake project. For this part I just filled the container half way with sand and laid the shells randomly. 

And then I place the knotted candle holder over the sand and shell holder....
  
.....and Voilà, done!



Thanks for visiting,


This project is linked to...
link_party_friday
It's Overflowing
Too Much Time On My Hands

7 comments:

  1. Adorable! I'm so impressed by the knotting you did around the vase. (mine would look like a hot mess!) (thanks so much for sharing on Project Inspire{d} this week!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. I am sure that you would be able to master this. Its simple. I just took smaller pieces of twine and tied the two existing pieces together. It looks much harder than it is. Hope that helps and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! It definitely has the beachy feel and I love the netting-look you made using twine! Thanks for sharing it at the Shady Porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D, I appreciate your compliment and stopping by my site.

      Delete
  3. Looks so cool - very creative!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy. I love your linky party and will return each week to post. Thanks for hosting such a great event.

      Delete
  4. I'm so impressed...Go ahead for Online Decoration Products and Accessories for the Home, Kitchen and Office. Shop today for renovation of home and offices.
    http://novaturedecor.com.pk/bedroom-decorating-ideas/home-decor-online-shopping

    ReplyDelete