Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Autumn Update for Your Lampshade

While decorating for Halloween and hanging my Halloween wreath on the front door I decided to take it one step further and give my front porch a little bit of autumn. 
Here is a picture of my front porch...very summery huh. 

I love the bright colors for the summer but also want to make the porch just as inviting in the fall.

To start I decided to change the lamp.

The lamp and shade were purchased from the thrifts store. The lamp was used but in good condition but the shade was brand new. Both attractive but a little boring. So......



I tied an orange ribbon around the base. The ribbon is left over from my wedding (3 years ago). I definitely over bought that ribbon and am always looking for a way to use it. 


Next, I added a touch of fall with fabric leaves, 
(also left over from the wedding crafts). 


To bring in the Halloween spirit I stuck in a pumpkins stick (a bag of 8 at the dollar store). When Halloween is over I can pull it out. Or...maybe just keep it as it.



Here is the finished lamp and shade in its new home on my front porch.




Thanks for visiting,
 

3 comments:

  1. Your lampshade is so pretty! Love the gorgeous bow you made, and the way you added the leaves and pumpkin. Visiting from Inspire Me Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love this. Amazing. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! It looks like a pretty vintage hat!

    ReplyDelete