Sunday, January 12, 2014

8 of My Favorite Movies

 The BLOG CHALLENGE continues (#11)

 Its Sunday night and I am off tomorrow and I really felt like a bowl of popcorn, a coke and a great movie. Of course (as you can see) I ended up surfing the web instead. Oh, the TV is on but no movie tonight. This got me thinking about my favorite movies. I have seen a lot of movies in my life but only a hand full have left a mark. Here are some of them including why. I also included quotes and trivia. Enjoy!

#1 Steel Magnolia
It made me feel like I was living in the South. I love the South.

Quote: Pink is my signature color.

Trivia - M'Lynn's hous is still there and named The Steel Magnolias Bed and Breakfast but do to a remodel they are not currently taking reservations.









#2 Sleepless in Seattle 
The glamorization of Seattle made me want to move to Washington state and live on a houseboat. Even though "it rains nine months out of the year in Seattle"

Quote: Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental.



 

#3 Fame
I was a in college when this movie came out and minoring in dance so could totally relate. I wanted to leave my real life behind and move to NYC to dance.

Trivia #1  This was the 1st film in history to have two songs nominated in the Best Song category of the Academy Awards. 

Trivia #2  The school is based on the real-life Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music and Art and Performing Arts in Manhattan. It is a public school


  
#4 St. Elmo's Fire
I went to the University of Maryland and hung out in DC during those years so it was all very familiar. 

Trivia #1 The characters all attended Georgetown University together. After reading the script, school's administrators refused to allow producers to film on campus, so the on-campus scenes were filmed at the University of Maryland
Trivia #2  St. Elmo's bar is based on The Tomb, a restaurant and Bar by Georgetown University in Washington D.C. 


#5  Dirty Dancing
I always wanted to go on a vacation and meet my sole mate.

Trivia #1 The lodge is real and located in North Carolina called the Lake Lure Inn.












#6 Finding Nemo
The love of a parent and their child is priceless and always a great story to watch and live.

Quote: P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way.















#7  The Object of My Affection
A movie about loving someone who you can never have.

Quote #1 You have to pick one person and make it work.
Quote #2  One shouldn't be too hard on oneself when the object of one's affection returns the favor with rather less enthusiasm than one might have hoped.








#8  The Notebook
A movie about loving someone you can have...forever until death do you part.

Trivia #1  In preparation for his role as Noah in 'The Notebook', Ryan became an apprentice for a cabinetmaker and in fact built the kitchen table which is actually featured in the film. Yes, that table.

What is your favorite movie?
I JOIN THESE LINKY PARTIES....COME JOIN THE FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment