Sunday, May 4, 2014

How many bulbs will I need?

Wow...it's been a while. I guess after the Blog Challenge I was blogged out. That and the fact that the kitchen renovation took all of my extra spare time (more to be revealed). As I sit here figuring out how many tulip and daffodil bulbs I will need to buy and plant in the fall (this will make sense in a minute) it came to mind that others might be interested in my method (the reason for this post). So here goes; how I know how many bulbs to buy and where to plant them.

Every fall I find myself in the garden center gazing at tulip and daffodil bulbs and thinking "Do I need any more" and every spring I look at what has grown and think "I should have planted more". So...this Spring I have come up with a way to solve this problem once and for all. 

First (and a little late). I took photos of my beds as they look today (May 4th).



Here's a close up....


the bricks are there as markers

Its a little difficult to see the tulips because the Black-Eyed Susan is coming in in front of them.


I know....its really hard to see the flowers as they have dropped off but in the next picture you will see were they are AND where I think it would be nice to see more.....







I drew over those that are existing to make it easier to visualize and so that the other drawings of my future flowers would look similar making the design a bit easier. 

Note: I used Adobe Photoshop CS4 
 

Now I know that in the Fall I will need to purchase enough daffodils bulbs to make 4 clusters and enough tulip bulbs to make 3 clusters. 

If only I could remember what color the tulips were...LOL

Thanks for visiting,


No comments:

Post a Comment